Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sheep and Wool

Here is all I got at MD Sheep & Wool. I think I am officially jaded (not to mention quite broke). The festival has just gotten too crowded for agoraphobic me.



Two skeins of yarn dyed by Juanita of Meadow Medley. Merino dyed with natural dyes and in person they have lovely tonal gradations. The dark blue is dyed with logwood and the pink with osage and cochineal. Every time I got to Sheep and Wool or Knitter's Day Out I buy a skein or two of Juanita's yarn. One of these days I will put them together and make something wonderful - or at least that's what I keep telling myself!


Book is Charted Knitting Designs: A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker. Lots of nice cable and twisted stitch patterns, my current obsession.


Before Sheep & Wool I spent 5 mind-numbing hours proctoring the SAT test. I managed to finish up and cast off on my mother-in-law's socks during the last section.

Yarn was dyed by me, I think Henry's Attic Kona Superwash. Got quite fuzzy after washing. Yes, they are small but the woman has size 4 feet! They may even be a bit big.

No comments: